LDBDA : 4440
Morrison dental chair with a cast iron frame and a brown rexine covering on the seat, back, head rest and foot rest.
The Morrison dental chair was the first fully adjustable chair with compensating seat and backrest. The chair had a vertical range of 27 inches, greater than any other chair available at the time. This range enabled the dentist to work in a sitting or standing position. It was first produced in 1872 by the firm of Johnson Brothers, New York which was founded about 1865. This company merged into the S.S. White Dental Mfg. Co. upon its incorporation in 1881.
S.S. White Dental Manufacturing Co. 1875-1900
base cast iron; upholstery rexine; length 7120mm; height 1230mm; width 530mm