LDBDA : 1864
local anaesthetic tablet
glass bottle of Novocaine tablets with a cork stopper.
Procaine was discovered by Alfred Einhorn and his associates in 1905. It was an ester-based synthetic local anaesthetic. It was highly effective and a safe substitute for cocaine. It was sold under the trademark Novocaine and was commonly used throughout the 20th century.
maker and supplier: The Saccharin Corporation Ltd
bottle glass; stopper cork; length 55mm